If you guessed UC Berkeley Students for Just us in Palestine, you'd be correct.
SJP's impressively Orwellian spin:
Tomorrow: Stand Against Senate Anti-BDS Bill Suppressing Pro-Palestine Speech at UC Berkeley
Monday 9/15, 8 PM
Anna Head Alumnae Hall, 2537 Haste St
Tomorrow the senate will vote on a bill calling for UCB administrators to condemn the campus day of action for Palestine and the boycott of racist Israeli universities. Come stand in solidarity and tell the senate it can't condemn students' free speech and peaceful protest for Palestine on campuses. Support Cal Professors Hatem Bazian and Ramon Grosfoguel who are singled out in this bill for supporting Palestine. Tell your senators they can't support a bill that encourages our university to keep collaborating with the Israeli government censor student voices on campus.
Anna Head Alumnae Hall is a brown wooden building between the Channing and Telegraph on Haste. If it passes on Monday, the full senate will vote 7:20 PM in the same location on Wednesday.
This is what they are objecting to:
- No to Academic Complicity with Israeli Occupation
- No to Study Abroad Programs in Israel
- No Investments in Apartheid and Occupation Supporting Companies
- No to University Presidents' Visits to Israel
- No Campus Police Training or Cooperation with Israeli Security
- No Joint Research or Conferences with Israeli Institutions
- No Cooperation with Hasbara Networks on College Campuses
- No to Targeting Faculty for Speaking Against Israeli Crimes
- No to Administrative Limits on Free Speech Rights of Palestine Activists
- No to University Coordination and Strategizing with the ADL, JCRC, AJC, Stand With US, ZOA, Israeli Consulate to Limit Students Pro-Palestine Constitutionally Protected Activities, and;
- Free academic exchange between UC Berkeley, Israeli institutions, and similar institutions of higher learning around the world
- Continuation and encouragement of cross-institutional student collaboration, including, but not limited to education abroad opportunities
- An end to discrimination of scholars or students based on nationality or nation of origin
- Rejection of academic boycotts by the American Studies Association and the Association for Asian American Studies among others, and;